Are you looking for the best jigsaw blade to cut through plywood this year? You’re in the right place. This guide will provide you with everything you need to know to buy the best jigsaw blade for cutting plywood in 2023. By the end of this guide, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about which jigsaw blade is right for your requirements.
Best jig saw blade for plywood 2023
- Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade (Editor’s Pick)
- BOSCH T101AO Jig Saw Blades (Best Overall)
- Qjaiune T344D Jig Saw Blade (Budget Friendly)
- DEWALT DW3742C Jigsaw Blade
- TOUHIA T344D Jig Saw Blades
- Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade
- Utoolmart T344D Jig Saw Blades
1) Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade
Learn the basics. The small Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade package has five blades. The 0.15 thickness and 4mm shank of these blades provide unsurpassed precision. The blades are 75mm to 100mm for various cutting tasks.
The T244D jigsaw blade is built to last with exceptional craftsmanship. High-quality carbon steel makes this blade durable. Blade profiles have carefully developed Teeth Per Inch (TPI) for clean, precise cuts in various materials.
Importantly, the T244D jigsaw blade is compatible. Most jigsaw machines fit, making it handy for DIY and commercial work.
Designed for Success
The Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade cuts engineered and regular wood. The compact size and six well-spaced teeth of this high carbon steel blade assure good results. Qjaiune, a leading Chinese manufacturer, proudly creates this blade.
The compact Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade is easy to use in tight spaces. Due to its smooth cutting, the six-tooth design is ideal for engineered and ordinary wood.
Durability and longevity
Every carpenter wants sturdy tools. The Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade makes this dream possible. This high-carbon steel blade may survive for years and be used intensively.
Finally, the Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade cuts engineered or conventional wood precisely. Material compatibility making it a workshop must-have. Small, six-tooth design offers unsurpassed maneuverability and flawless cutting. Its high-carbon steel construction makes it a reliable woodworking tool.
Improve your cutting game with the Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade for precision. Get it today to improve your woodworking!
Must Read – Best table saw blade
Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Mr. Hardware
- The compact size of the Qjaiune T244D Jig Saw Blade makes it easy to handle and maneuver, even in tight spaces.
- The blade is made of high carbon steel, ensuring that it will last for a long time and can withstand heavy use.
- The six teeth design of the blade ensures a smooth cut, making it perfect for use with engineered wood and regular wood.
- The blade is compatible with a variety of materials, making it a versatile tool to have in your workshop.
- The package dimensions of the blade are 7.24 x 3.78 x 0.2 inches and it weighs only 1.13 ounces, making it easy to store and transport.
|Package Dimensions :
|7.24 x 3.78 x 0.2 inches; 1.13 Ounces
|Country of Origin :
|High Carbon Steel
|Number of Teeth
|Engineered Wood, Wood
2) BOSCH T101AO Jig Saw Blades
The BOSCH T101AO Jig Saw Blades differ from the competition with 20 Teeth Per Inch (TPI) and thorough engineering. This function is designed to reduce splintering on both sides of your workpiece. These blades are precise and controllable on laminated surfaces, MDF, and hardwoods. These blades eliminate jagged edges and uneven cuts for clean, accurate cuts every time.
High-Quality Carbon Steel Durable
Choosing jig saw blades requires durability. BOSCH knows this, hence the T101AO blades are made of high-quality carbon steel. Because of their sturdy structure, they can withstand rigorous use and last a long time for all jigsaw users.
Speed and Accuracy Perfectly Balanced
Blades that balance speed and accuracy are essential for many cutting applications. The BOSCH T101AO Jig Saw Blades shine here. They cut quickly without sacrificing quality due to their precision design. These blades will exceed your expectations whether you’re a professional working on difficult jobs or a DIYer.
Perfect for Woodworking
The T101AO blades are ideal for woodworking because they are wood-specific. Their high carbon steel composition makes them durable for woodcutting, regardless of project complexity. They are great for scroll saws because to their 3 inch length and 20 teeth per inch, giving you maximum control and precision.
longevity and easy identification
BOSCH made these blades durable because they value durability. Project after project, the high-carbon steel provides durability. Their silver colour makes them easy to spot in even the busiest workshops.
The BOSCH T101AO Jig Saw Blades’ power source compatibility is a highlight. These corded-electric saw blades are designed for professionals and enthusiasts. The 5-piece bundle also guarantees you always have a replacement blade.
The BOSCH T101AO Jig Saw Blades are the best choice for precision, durability, and versatility. These high-quality carbon steel blades improve woodworking and ensure perfect cuts. Choose BOSCH T101AO Jig Saw Blades for cutting excellence.
Must Read – Best table saw blade for ripping hardwood
BOSCH T101AO Jig Saw Blades First Hand Review Video
Video Source: LEARNINGCHORDS
- The BOSCH T101AO Jig Saw Blades come in a 5-pack, which ensures that you always have a spare blade on hand when you need it.
- The blades are made of high carbon steel, which makes them durable and long-lasting.
- The 20 teeth per inch design ensures a smooth, clean cut every time.
- The blades are compatible with a variety of power sources, making them ideal for both professional and personal use.
- The package includes 5 blades, each 3 inches long, which makes them perfect for any woodworking project.
|3 inches long; 20 TPI
|High Carbon Steel
|Number of Teeth
|Scroll Blade for Wood
3) Qjaiune T344D Jig Saw Blade
Precision cutting is the Qjaiune T344D Jig Saw Blade. Its 5 TPI spacing delivers clean, accurate cuts every time. From professional woodworkers to DIYers, this blade’s precision will impress.
Strong Construction for Durability
Qjaiune’s T344D Jig Saw Blade is durable and made of high-quality materials. For those who want the greatest cutting results, its high-quality design offers long-term performance and durability.
The best in versatility and compatibility with various materials.
This modern saw blade works for engineered wood, conventional wood, and plastic. Qjaiune T344D Jig Saw Blades are constructed of carbon steel with six teeth for durability and lifespan.
This blade is a Qjaiune, a trusted brand. User ease is prioritised with a sturdy clamping mechanism for installation and disassembly.
Finally, the Qjaiune T344D Jig Saw Blade is the best for improving cutting skills. Its precision, durability, and versatility make it essential in any workshop. Remove rough cuts and achieve effortless perfection with this amazing saw blade. For great results on engineered wood, conventional wood, or plastic, use the Qjaiune T344D Jig Saw Blade. Upgrade your cutting tools today to see the difference!
Must Read – Best thin kerf table saw blade
Qjaiune T344D Jig Saw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Tools Informer
- The Qjaiune T344D Jig Saw Blade is compatible with a variety of materials, including engineered wood, regular wood, and plastic.
- The blade is made of carbon steel, ensuring that it will last for a long time and can withstand heavy use.
- The six teeth design of the blade ensures a smooth cut, making it perfect for use with a variety of materials.
- The package dimensions of the blade are 6.57 x 3.5 x 0.28 inches and it weighs 2.08 ounces, making it easy to store and transport.
- The modern style of the blade makes it a great addition to any workshop.
|Package Dimensions :
|6.57 x 3.5 x 0.28 inches; 2.08 Ounces
|Country of Origin :
|Number of Teeth
|Engineered Wood, Wood, Plastic
4) DEWALT DW3742C Jigsaw Blade
Our DEWALT DW3742C Jigsaw Blade set is made of high-quality materials for long-lasting use. Due of their high quality, these blades can cut wood, metal, and plastic.
14 Blades for Continuous Workflow
Each box holds 14 blades, so you’ll never be short of cutting tools. This abundance promotes smooth workflow, making these blades excellent for experts and DIYers.
Secure T-Shank Design
T-Shank DEWALT DW3742C Jigsaw Blades ensure a secure fit during use. This feature improves safety and prevents blade accidents. Plus, changing blades is easy, so you can easily replace materials.
Flexibility Meets Compatibility
Its adaptability makes the DEWALT DW3742C Jigsaw Blade set stand out. These blades are vital to any workplace because they are custom-made for several materials. Confusion over compatibility? These blades work with most jigsaw models, removing compatibility issues.
Convenient Storage and Transport
Organizing tools has never been easier. The durable DEWALT DW3742C Jigsaw Blade set is attractively packed. This streamlines storage and makes job site mobility easy, ensuring you have the right gear when you need it.
For precision, durability, and variety in cutting, the DEWALT DW3742C Jigsaw Blade set is the best choice for professionals and DIYers. Leave inferior blades behind and experience DEWALT cutting perfection. Try these high-quality jigsaw blades today to improve your craftsmanship.
Must Read – Best tile saw blade
DEWALT DW3742C Jigsaw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Mohammedsharif2020 Mohammedsharif2020
- The DEWALT DW3742C Jigsaw Blade set includes 14 blades, making it a great value for the price.
- The blades are made of a blend of materials, ensuring durability and longevity.
- The T-Shank design of the blades ensures that they stay securely in place during use, preventing any accidents or mishaps.
- The blades are compatible with most jigsaws, making them versatile and easy to use.
- The set comes in a case, making it easy to store and transport.
|14 PC T-SHANK JIG SAW BLADE SET CASE
|Item Dimensions LxWxH
|6.77 x 6.06 x 1.26 inches
|Number of Teeth
|Item can be shipped within U.S.
5) TOUHIA T344D Jig Saw Blades
The TOUHIA T344D Jig Saw Blades are flexible for professionals and DIYers. These blades cut wood, chipboard, and other materials, making them vital workshop tools.
Ideal Tooth Spacing
For maximum stability and cutting effectiveness, these blades include 0.15-inch teeth. This precision design saves time and work by making accurate, smooth cuts.
Outstanding performance and compatibility with jigsaws.
The T344D model, designed for jigsaws, has 5 TPI for smooth cutting. These blades produce consistent results for complicated designs and larger tasks.
TOUHIA T344D Jig Saw Blades are durable PVC-high carbon steel blends. These materials ensure durability and lifespan, making them a solid cutting option.
– Precision and maneuverability – Compact size
Their tiny size distinguishes these blades. This shape makes them easier to handle and manoeuvre in tight locations.
Sharp Tooth Geometry
Sharp tooth geometry makes TOUHIA T344D Jig Saw Blades cut smoothly and efficiently. These blades eliminate jagged edges and uneven lines, improving woodworking products.
For woodworkers and others, the TOUHIA T344D Jig Saw Blades are essential. Their durability, exact tooth spacing, and jigsaw compatibility make them outstanding cutting tools. These blades will help you make precise and efficient cuts as a professional artisan or DIYer while offering great value. Start improving your woodworking with TOUHIA T344D Jig Saw Blades!
Must Read – Best wet saw blade for porcelain tile
TOUHIA T344D Jig Saw Blades First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Review Ninja
- The TOUHIA T344D Jig Saw Blades are compatible with a variety of jigsaws, making them a versatile tool to have in your workshop.
- The blades are made of a blend of PVC and high carbon steel, which ensures that they are durable and long-lasting.
- The compact size of the blades makes them easy to handle and maneuver, even in tight spaces.
- The sharp tooth geometry of the blades ensures a smooth and efficient cut, making them perfect for a variety of woodworking projects.
- The package dimensions of the blades are 7.68 x 2.72 x 0.2 inches and they weigh 1.9 ounces, making them easy to store and transport.
|Package Dimensions :
|7.68 x 2.72 x 0.2 inches; 1.9 Ounces
|Pvc,High Carbon Steel
6) Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade
The Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade’s innovative design ensures clean cuts and a flawless finish on every project. Forget rough edges and uneven finishes. With this blade, you’ll always get professional results.
A firm connection is the foundation of any cutting tool, which the Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade provides. Even in the most demanding applications, its stability design reduces breakage risk. This blade is durable, so you can tackle any project.
Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blades are designed for high-impact corded jigsaws. This blade cuts wood, chipboard, and other materials without a problem. It’s the best choice for experts and DIYers who need reliable performance.
The Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade redefines durability and endurance with a premium blend of materials. This blade is durable for craftsmen and DIYers. Freud, a leading manufacturer, makes it durable to last.
Every Tooth Precision
This blade’s six precision-engineered teeth and resistance design provide smooth cuts. Easy operation and handling are guaranteed by its user-friendly design. Its versatility and compatibility with most jigsaws make it essential in any workshop.
Compact and Handy
Tool size matters, and the Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade delivers. Its tiny size makes it easy to keep and transport, giving you precision whenever you need it.
Easy Blade Replacement
Changing blades is easy with the Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade. Its user-friendly design makes switching materials easy. To focus on your craft, not your tools, efficiency and productivity are prioritised.
Finally, the Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade is a game-changer for precision, durability, and ease of use. Improve your cutting experience with this blade and see how it affects your work. Choose the Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade for superior cutting precision.
Must Read – Best 7 1/4 circular saw blade
Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Tools Informer
- The Freud DJT141HM Jig Saw Blade is made from a blend of materials that ensure durability and longevity.
- The six teeth design and resistance style of the blade ensure a smooth cut and make it easy to handle and maneuver.
- The blade is compatible with most jigsaws, making it a versatile tool to have in your workshop.
- The blade is compact in size, which makes it easy to store and transport.
- The package includes one blade in a compact size, which makes it a great option for both personal and professional use.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH
|2.17 x 6.69 x 0.2 inches
|Number of Teeth
|2.17 x 6.69 x 0.2 inches
7) Utoolmart T344D Jig Saw Blades
The T344D blade’s shape makes easy cuts that look professional. Additionally, the blade connection is designed for great impact resistance, making it compatible with corded and cordless jigsaws. The T344D Jig Saw Blade cuts materials precisely and reliably for professionals and DIYers alike.
The Ultimate Quality of Utoolmart Built to Last
The Utoolmart T344D Jig Saw Blades are more than tools—they represent quality. These blades are made of high-carbon steel to last. Utoolmart is known for making high-quality tools, and these blades are no exception. Their slick silver exterior hides their strength.
Utoolmart T344D Jig Saw Blades are unique in their wood and engineered wood compatibility. Rugged blades are ideal for solid materials like wood. Their user-friendly design makes switching materials easier than ever. These blades can withstand hard use and last for years in your workshop because to their high-carbon steel composition.
Your Workshop Needs
For precise woodcutting, the Utoolmart T344D Jig Saw Blades are essential. The endurance and resilience make them essential to your toolset. They may easily pair with different power sources, making them versatile. Worried about storage? Be not. With 8.74 x 3.66 x 0.59 inches and 10.65 ounces, these blades are convenient to store and transport wherever your projects take you.
Utoolmart T344D Jig Saw Blades are the height of precision, durability, and ease for all your cutting needs.
Must Read – Best 7 inch wet tile saw blade
Utoolmart T344D Jig Saw Blades First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Bob The Tool Man
- The Utoolmart T344D Jig Saw Blades are compatible with wood and engineered wood, making them a versatile tool to have in your workshop.
- The blades are made from high carbon steel, which ensures durability and longevity.
- The blades are designed to be robust, making them perfect for use with dense materials like wood.
- The blades are easy to change, making it simple to switch between different materials.
- The package dimensions of the blades are 8.74 x 3.66 x 0.59 inches, and they weigh 10.65 ounces, making them easy to store and transport.
|Package Dimensions :
|8.74 x 3.66 x 0.59 inches; 10.65 Ounces
|High Carbon Steel
|Engineered Wood, Wood
Best jig saw blade for plywood 2023-Complete buying Guide
Jigsaw blades are one of the most versatile tools in any workshop. Not only can they be used to cut along curves and straight lines, but they can also be used to cut plywood. Plywood is a popular material for furniture, cabinetry, and a variety of other home improvement projects. Choosing the right jigsaw blade for plywood is essential if you want to get the best possible results.
In this guide, we will explore some of the key things to consider when selecting a jigsaw blade for cutting plywood and highlight some of the top products on the market in 2021. We’ll cover topics such as:
- Types of blades
- Tooth configuration
- Material type
- Blade length
so that you can make an informed decision when it comes time to purchase your replacement blades. Whether you’re a DIY enthusiast or a professional woodworker, this guide has all the information you need for ensuring smooth and accurate cuts every time!
Photo Source: protoolreviews.com
Importance of using the right jigsaw blade for plywood
Using the wrong type of blade when cutting plywood can cause problems. It can lead to splintering or tearing of the material, and it can make the job take much longer and require more effort than necessary. If you are considering working with plywood, it is important to understand what type of blade is best-suited for the job. This guide will help you determine which jigsaw blades to use for plywood in 2021 and beyond.
Plywood consists of thin layers of wood veneer that are glued together in “plies” or cross-sectional sections, with each layer orientated at an angle of 90 degrees relative to adjacent layers. This allows the plywood to have excellent strength and resistance properties compared to ordinary solid wood. As a result, if different cutting edges are used, the number of chips (splintered bits) produced will vary greatly, giving rise to potential hazards such as injury from flying debris or dust particles that may be produced when cutting plywood.
While some jigsaw blades are designed for all types of wood, there are specific jigsaw blades specifically made for use with plywood materials due to its multi-layered composition structure. These blades will typically have a short blade length and thick reinforced back that is half as wide as the length of teeth; this ensures a smooth cut along one or two plies and minimizes chipping on exit from the material itself. The type of tooth pattern used when dealing with laminates is also an important consideration – typically either progressive (also known as “skip tooth”) or standard teeth should be used depending on available machinery capabilities in order to ensure a smooth cut surface finish suitable for further processing.
Overview of the best jigsaw blades available in 2023
When shopping for jigsaw blades, there are a few features to consider. First, determine whether you will use the blade for cutting straight or curved lines, or both. Straight blades have a straight edge with no teeth while curved blades have teeth along the entire length of the blade. Some blades are designed specifically for cutting both straight and curved lines, so be sure to check their description before buying.
You’ll also need to decide what type of blade tooth pattern is best for your project – skip-tooth (best for soft woods), combo-tooth (for medium woods), and taper-filed (for hardwoods). Additionally, consider whether you want a standard (U) shank or an hex shank blade, which might require an adapter to fit in some machines. Lastly, think about the recommended material thickness that each blade can cut through and pick accordingly.
Below we will take a look at some of the best jigsaw blades available in 2023 and break down their features:
- DSA150E jigsaw blades designed by Bosch are great for cutting both straight lines and curves in soft woods up to 1/2 inch thickness with its variable tooth pitch system on its top edges. It has a U shank which fits most major brands of jigsaws, including Bosch models.
- Metabo’s 627510000 BIM jigsaw blade is made specifically for cutting plywood up to 5/8 inch thick structures. Its wide body allows up to 8Amp power generated through 23TPI ground teeth gives smooth cuts with minimum effort from start till finish of your projects.
- Rockwell’s RK3441K Sonicrafter Hyperlock Universal Fitting Jig Saw Blades is a great all purpose choice that offers zero speed drops with dual gear technology allowing smooth starts on curves alongside fast stable performance at any speed settings anytime anywhere when used for straight cuts or internal cuts on boards & pipes ranging from 1/4″ thick to 3″ thick in woods or plastics & metals respectively owing its 33TPI Ultra Hammer Tooth design feature wherein every eighth tooth has been specialized at serrated edges that provides frictionless noise free operation along clean/sharp cuts thus extending life span to maximum possible level with nonstop execution even over stubborn materials like fiberboards & laminates etc!
Factors to consider when choosing a jigsaw blade for plywood
When you’re shopping for a jigsaw blade for use with plywood, there are several important factors to consider. Cutting through plywood requires a combination of power and precision; the wrong blade can easily ruin an entire sheet. Here’s what you should look for when making your decision.
- Blade Type: The most common types of blades used with plywood are t-shank and u-shank blades. T-shank blades are generally easier to insert and remove from the jigsaw, while u-shank blades offer more stability while cutting through thicker materials. For making detailed cuts in delicate areas, many people prefer u-shank blades.
- Teeth Number: While the teeth number on any jigsaw blade will impact its performance, this is especially true when dealing with plywood. Blades with fewer teeth tend to produce wider cuts that cause more tearout, while blades with higher numbers create narrower kerfs and produce cleaner results. As a rule of thumb, choose a blade that has at least 12 TPI (teeth per inch).
- Blade Length: The other factor that determines how well your sawblade cuts through plywood is its length – longer blades are better suited for making long straight cuts, while shorter blades excel at intricate detail work or curves. Make sure the blade you select is compatible with your saw model so it won’t break under strain or wobble out of line during use.
- Material Type: Most jigsaw blade manufacturers design their products specifically for different wood types – softwoods like pine or spruce require less forceful teeth than harder woods like oak or maple, meaning they can get away with fewer teeth per inch without sacrificing cleanliness of cut or accuracy of finish. Make sure you know exactly what type of wood you’ll be working on before choosing a heavier duty blade than necessary!
Material of the blade
The material of the jigsaw blade is an important factor to consider when selecting the right blade for your project. Blades can come in many different materials, each with their own benefits and drawbacks. The four primary materials used in jigsaw blades are high-speed steel (HSS), carbon steel, bimetal, and titanium coated carbon steel (TCT).
- High-Speed Steel: High-speed steel is a popular choice among professionals because it provides both strength and flexibility. HSS blades are strong enough to cut through thick plywood easily and hold up under high temperatures but also possess enough flexibility to make curved cuts with ease. These blades tend to stay sharper for longer periods of time than other materials, but they may require more frequent sharpening depending on the application.
- Carbon Steel: These blades offer great cutting performance with a slightly lower price tag than HSS blades; however, carbon steel does not have the same level of heat resistance as HSS and therefore may not be suitable for cutting thick or very dense types of plywood. Additionally, these blades do not retain their sharpness as long as HSS ones do.
- Bimetal: Bimetal pieces are composed of two layers – usually one layer of high speed steel fused with another layer of carbon steel. This fusion creates a tougher, longer lasting product that can handle tough tasks like heavy plywood cutting while still providing excellent flexibility for curved cuts. These blades will more expensive compared to stainless or carbon but less expensive compared to titanium bits; however, they will hold their edge longer than either one.
- Titanium Coated Carbon Steel: The Titanium coating on TCT jigsaw blades helps prevent overheating due to increased friction created by denser woods such as plywood while cutting at higher speeds. As with bimetallic pieces, these blades provide excellent strength and flexibility while retaining their sharpness even after heavy use. They tend to be more expensive than their counterparts though so you’ll probably want to save these for special occasions where you need maximum performance from your saw blade!
Teeth per inch (TPI)
Understanding how to choose the best jigsaw blade for plywood according to Teeth Per Inch (TPI) is essential for achieving quality results. The TPI range for cutting various materials can vary from as low as 2 teeth per inch up to 32, with most woodworking blades ranging from 3 TPI up to 8 TPI. The higher the number, the more closely spaced teeth that are present, presenting a finer finish in softer woods like pitch pine or treated lumber.
However, you should use a lower tooth count when cutting plywood because it requires increased pressure and force to cut than traditional woods. Depending on what type of plywood you’re using and its thickness, blades featuring between 4 and 10 teeth per inch are most useful for this application.
Type of teeth
In addition to the number of teeth and tooth pitch, when buying blades for plywood, pay attention to the type of teeth. It depends on how fine a cut you need and what kind of plywood or wood you are cutting. There are four main types of teeth–Alternate top bevel (ATB), Triple chip grind (TCG), High alternate top bevel (HATB) and Variable pitched (Variable pitch).
- Alternate Top Bevel – This blade has a high cutting accuracy, is mostly used for soft woods or coated plywood and has a simple tooth-top angle arrangement which alternates between left and right bevels on each tooth.
- Triple Chip Grind – Triple chip grind blades have angled alternate-top cutting edges along with additional alternating flat cutting edges. For melamine and other hardwoods, this blade is commonly used as it provides more durability and stability compared to ATB blades.
- High Alternate Top Bevel – HATB blades primarily feature large flat surfaces with trapezoid-shaped tops leading into very small chipped areas which act as the fine cutters when angled against the timber surface. This is an ideal choice for clean cuts in veneer, MDF and hardwood materials due to its precise design including zero clearance shape which helps reduce resistance against tear outs caused by aggressive feed rate application.
- Variable Pitched – These variably pitched blades come in different formats such as skip tooth, double skip or high alternate top raker grind designs allowing you create different results whether that’s curved cuts or smooth crosscuts or plunge cuts into timber materials like hardwood, engineered wood or even plastic HDPE pipe composites depending on the choice of blade design selected for use.
Length and thickness of the blade
The length of the jigsaw blade will affect its performance and suitability for specific materials. Generally, a longer blade is better as it will move more easily through thicker materials, while a shorter blade is ideal for something thin. The way that jigsaw blades are measured is slightly different in that you measure only the working part of the blade and not the whole thing, so it’s important to check this when buying your blades.
When it comes to the thickness of the sawblade (gauge) or tooth pitch, this relates to how coarsely or finely teeth are placed on a blade. A smaller gauge number (lower tooth pitch) refers to a coarse blade with more space between each tooth which is better suited for softer materials such as hardwoods and plastics. A larger gauge number (higher tooth pitch) indicates a finer-tooth sawblade which works well with hardwoods and plywood but may leave an inferior finish in softer woods.
Be sure to select the right sawblade for your material when making any purchase; this will ensure you achieve perfect results.
When selecting a jigsaw blade for plywood, it is important to make sure the manufacturer is reputable and well-known. Generally speaking, jigsaw blades from well-known brands such as Bosch, Makita, DeWalt, Craftsman and Black & Decker tend to be of better quality than generic or lower-priced options. These trusted brands have also established standard sizes for their blades so that you can find the right one for your project with ease.
Additionally, some of these manufacturers offer warranties on their products to ensure you’re getting a good quality product that won’t break or blunt quickly. It is important to check the warranty before making your purchase in order to ensure you’re getting maximum value for money.
III. Top jigsaw blades for plywood in 2023
Whether you’re an experienced woodworker or simply a hobbyist who needs to make some cuts occasionally, it’s important to have the right tool for the job. When it comes to cutting plywood, there are many types of jigsaw blades available, and picking the one that will work best for you can be overwhelming. In this guide, we’ll cover the various types of jigsaw blades and how they can be used for cutting plywood.
To make sure you pick the right blade for your project, here are some factors to keep in mind:
- The thickness of your plywood: Usually expressed in millimeters (mm), this will determine which type of blade you need. Thicker plywood means a thicker blade that can handle more powerful cuts.
- The type of jigsaw: Some jigsaws need universal fit blades while others require special blades that fit only into specific models. Check your saw carefully before buying your blade.
- Strength: Consider things like tooth-count (how many teeth per inch do you need?), material composition (Carbide-tipped vs HSS), etc.
Now let’s look at the top three types of blades for cutting plywood in 2023:
- T-shank Blades: These are versatile and reliable blades with T-Shanks that fit most modern jigsaws – including those from popular brands like Bosch and Makita – as well as some older ones from DeWalt and others. They come in many tooth configurations, including 12-18 teeth per inch (TPI) perfect for thinner wood materials or 20-24 TPI great for medium hardness woods like plywood. The fine shape tip allows better curve control when making small shapes or intricate turns in the woodwork.
- U-shank Blades: Popular among novice woodworkers U-shank blades provide easy installation but may not fit older model jigsaws due to their design shape; fortunately this type is still compatible with most modern models from DeWalt and Skil amongst others. They have six TPI configurations from 10 to 24 teeth which are great choices when working with different thicknesses of plywoods. With each wider size comes a thicker shank to handle more power needed when cutting stronger material like Ash or Birch hardwoods while also providing longevity when compared with thinner shank options available on other styles. Lastly these precision ground HSS steel helps reduce heat buildup during long cut sessions making them ideal all around saws perfect for everyday professionals who rely on their tools daily.
- Universal fitting Blades: Easily recognized by their distinctive kink; these tooth configurations range between 6tpi – 32tpi providing enough versatility so users can cut just about any PlyWood they want even thick hardwoods while also accommodating soft metal pieces too. Even though these larger nickel chrome plated designs could match existing HSS model designs, being slightly thicker guarantees added strength by 25% due its unique triple grind triangular carbide tipped geometry enabling superior performance on tougher materials making them user favorite amongst everyone who struggled with other less robust designs found before 2023.
Photo Source: protoolreviews.com
Bosch T101B clean for Wood Jigsaw Blade
Bosch is one of the leading global suppliers and makers of jigsaw blades, as well as other power tools. The Bosch T101B Clean for Wood Jigsaw blade is a unique type of blade that not only cuts through plywood but also provides an exceptionally clean finish.
This is an ideal choice for projects that require precision sawing and neat cuts that are difficult to clean up with other blades. The Bosch T101B can easily handle even the toughest types of plywood due to its strong blade body, and it’s length ensures that you won’t have to struggle as much while cutting curves or tight corners. Additionally, this blade is also designed to minimize splintering and tear out, making it a great choice for any woodworker looking for a clean finish in their projects.
Lenox Tools 1779850 Woodworker III Jigsaw Blade
Lenox Tools 1779850 Woodworker III Jigsaw Blade offers a quality blades for clean cut in a variety of materials, including plywood and OSB. The taper back Tooth Design ensures that the teeth don’t jam during use, and it produces uniform results. This blade is great when cutting precise angles because they are extra wide, reducing the potential for jerking in the cut.
These blades will fit any jigsaw with a T-shank fitting and are available as single or packs of five. Additionally, its patented advanced welding technology ensures utmost flexibility and longer life compared to other products. Furthermore, its 3/4 in T-shank design fits most jigsaws perfectly, whether corded or cordless; users have less worries about the compatibility of this blade with their tool.
With Lenox Tools you get an ideal blade for cutting plywood which is neither too aggressive nor too quick wearing – this means that your workpieces will look nice and neat each time!
Dewalt DW3742C 14-Piece T-Shank Jigsaw Blade Set
This set includes a wide array of jigsaw blade shapes and sizes, suitable for various types of wood cutting. The blades are made of strong metal, with teeth specially engineered to cut through plywood. These jigsaw blade shapes give an ample opportunity to achieve the repeatable precision you need when making a plywood workpiece.
The shank style is T-Shank, meaning that the blades secure themselves in the jigsaw’s chuck by a gripping mechanism inside the T-shaped shank. This feature helps with fast and easy blade changes without having to screw in or re-position each time. Additionally, each of these blades has eight teeth per inch (TPI), providing optimum performance for cutting even thick plywood boards.
The set comprises 14 pieces from 85mm down to 32mm lengths and comes packaged in an anti-static plastic box to ensure longevity once opened. Recommended applications include not just general plywood projects but also hardboard and chipboard projects too. A quality product from Dewalt; this set is designed for compatibility with all major brands of cordless jigsaws such as Dewalt, Hitachi, Ryobi and Makita (among others).
MILWAUKEE 48-00-5455 Jigsaw Blade
The D. MILWAUKEE 48-00-5455 Jigsaw Blade is designed specifically for plywood cutting, making it ideal for all sorts of DIY projects. Made from durable high-speed steel, the blade is designed to maintain a sharp edge to ensure clean, precise cuts through a variety of materials. It comes with 3 teeth per inch and a 0.051” kerf, providing smooth and fast cutting performance in boards up to 5/8” thick, including plywood and OSB (oriented strand board).
The blade also features a unique design that reduces vibration during operation, reducing splintering and achieving a consistent finish on the edges of your workpiece. This makes it an ideal choice for trimming laminate countertops or tiling projects, as well as cutting intricate shapes or circles out of thin wooden boards.
With all of the features and details outlined in this guide, you now have the information that you need to select the best jigsaw blade for plywood. As you make your selection, remember to consider your own needs and project requirements in order to pick the blade that gives you the desired results for your plywood projects.
If choosing between blades feels overwhelming, no need to worry. The optimal blade will vary based upon individual preferences, so it still pays off to browse through our recommendations and carefully read reviews in order to make an informed decision.
With these tips and our comprehensive guide in mind, we trust that you’ll find a quality jigsaw blade for plywood that meets your needs.
What jigsaw blade is best for plywood?
The best jigsaw blade for plywood is typically a fine-toothed blade with a TPI of 10 or higher, which will provide clean and accurate cuts.
Is a jigsaw good for cutting plywood?
Yes, a jigsaw can be good for cutting plywood with the right blade.
What is the best TPI for cutting plywood?
The best TPI for cutting plywood is 10 or higher for a clean and accurate cut.
What is the best jigsaw blade for cutting?
The best jigsaw blade for cutting depends on the material being cut and the desired finish.
How do I choose a jigsaw blade?
To choose a jigsaw blade, consider the type of material you will be cutting and the desired finish. Look for blades that are suitable for the material and have the desired TPI.
How do I choose a wooden jigsaw blade?
To choose a wooden jigsaw blade, look for fine-toothed blades with a TPI of 10 or higher for a clean and accurate cut.
What is TPI for plywood?
TPI for plywood is typically 10 or higher for a clean and accurate cut.
Which Bosch jigsaw blade for MDF?
The Bosch T101AO Jig Saw Blade is a good option for cutting MDF.
What is the maximum thickness a jigsaw can cut?
The maximum thickness a jigsaw can cut varies depending on the saw and blade, but most can cut up to 2 inches thick.
How do you cut plywood cleanly with a jigsaw?
To cut plywood cleanly with a jigsaw, use a fine-toothed blade with a TPI of 10 or higher and make slow, steady cuts, keeping the blade perpendicular to the surface.
Michael Lilli is the author and CEO of sawbladetown.com and Informative Website. With over 10 years of experience in the saw blade industry, Michael has become a leading expert in the field. He is dedicated to helping professionals and hobbyists alike find the perfect saw blade for their projects. Through his informative website and writing, Michael shares his knowledge and expertise on everything from saw blade anatomy to advanced techniques and safety precautions. His passion for saw blades and commitment to helping others has made him a trusted resource in the industry.