Are you looking for the best saw blade that will help you cut vinyl plank flooring like a pro? You don’t have to worry anymore. Our comprehensive guide provides all the essential tips and tricks to choosing the right saw blade for your project. Read on for more information about the best saw blades for vinyl plank flooring in 2023:
Best saw blade for vinyl plank flooring 2023
- IVY Classic 35056 Swift Cut Saw Blade (Editor’s Pick)
- BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades (Best Overall)
- MANTISTOL MC-330 Laminate Floor Cutter (Budget Friendly)
- MantisTol Vinyl floor cutter
- COMOWARE Circular Miter Saw Blade
- EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade
- SKIL 75540 Flooring Blade
1) IVY Classic 35056 Swift Cut Saw Blade
The IVY Classic 35056 Swift Cut Saw Blade delivers excellent cutting. This blade slices wood, metal, and other materials neatly and precisely thanks to its quality. Its cutting-edge design and technology make it popular among pros and DIYers, helping you finish projects quickly.
Built to Last
IVY Classic 35056 Swift Cut Saw Blades are built to last. Its classic silver aluminium gauge makes it beautiful and durable enough for the toughest cutting applications. This blade is a long-term partner that delivers steady performance.
The IVY Classic 35056 Swift Cut Saw Blade prioritises safety. With explicit directions to rotate it in the arrows, you may use this blade safely and efficiently. Its high carbon-alloy steel structure makes it perfect for heavy-duty cutting projects because to its strength and longevity.
This all-around saw blade cuts through several materials with ease. The 5/8″ arbour fits most saws, making it a versatile tool.
Lightweight and maneuverable
The IVY Classic 35056 Swift Cut Saw Blade, made of aluminium, plastic, and steel, is lightweight and durable. Its 10 x 10 x 0.1-inch size and 1.85-pound weight make it comfortable to handle and manoeuvre, even during lengthy use.
A Cut Above
This saw blade has 200 teeth, which is impressive. This multitude of teeth makes aluminium and plastic cutting smooth and efficient. Its compatibility with various materials makes it the best cutting tool for many applications.
The IVY Classic 35056 Swift Cut Saw Blade transforms your work. Its unmatched durability, adaptability, and effectiveness make it a must-have tool. You’ll get years of precision, power, and performance with this blade. The IVY Classic 35056 Swift Cut Saw Blade delivers immaculate cuts and unrivalled efficiency.
Must Read – Best band saw blade for stainless steel tubing
IVY Classic 35056 Swift Cut Saw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Catus Maximus
- -200 teeth for smooth and efficient cutting
- -Compatible with aluminum and plastic
- -Lightweight and easy to handle at 1.85 pounds
- -Constructed with durable materials for longevity
- -Professional and sleek appearance with classic silver design
|High carbon-alloy steel blade
|Item Dimensions LxWxH
|10 x 10 x 0.1 inches
|Number of Teeth
|Item can be shipped within U.S.
2) BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades
Carbide teeth power the BOSCH T128BHM3’s cutting. Precision brazing of these teeth to the blade body ensures durability and lifetime. These blades cut cleanly and precisely on tough or sensitive surfaces. The BOSCH T128BHM3 eliminates jagged edges and uneven finishes for flawless cuts.
The Best Precision
Precision is essential with laminate. The BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades’ 14 TPI ensures maximum accuracy in all cutting projects. Chip-free cuts are easy now. These blades let pros and DIYers easily obtain professional results.
You Can Trust Bosch
The T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades from Bosch are known for their quality and dependability. These durable carbide strip blades are intended to last. These blades are easy to use because to their 6.6 x 0.4 x 0.35-inch dimensions and 0.01-ounce weight.
Style and Function
These multicolor laminate saw blades function well and look great. Their professional appearance makes your tool collection elegant and effective. The item number, T128BHM3, and product measurements of 6.6 x 0.4 x 0.35 inches make it easy to find and order the right blade.
The BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades are unmatched in durability, precision, and style. These blades enhance your cutting projects, whether you’re a professional or a DIYer. BOSCH provides clean, chip-free cuts, eliminating substandard results. T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades improve cutting precision now. Your initiatives demand perfection.
Must Read – Best blade for radial arm saw
BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades First Hand Review Video
Video Source: markthomasbuilder
- -14 TPI for precision and accuracy
- -Constructed with durable carbide strip material
- -Trusted BOSCH brand for quality and reliability
- -Sleek and professional appearance with multicolor design and laminate style
- -Easily identifiable with part number T128BHM3 and product dimension of 6.6 x 0.4 x 0.35 inches
|14 TPI – ensures extra-clean chip free cuts
|Item Dimensions LxWxH
|6.6 x 0.4 x 0.35 inches
|Number of Teeth
|6.6 x 0.4 x 0.35 inches
|3-5/8” 14 TPI Carbide Strip – 3 pcs
3) MANTISTOL MC-330 Laminate Floor Cutter
The MANTISTOL MC-330 Laminate Floor Cutter’s lever-activated cutting mechanism provides powerful leverage for fast cuts. This cutter simplifies flooring projects by eliminating the need for hand cutting equipment. It can effortlessly handle boards up to 330mm wide, making no job too big or small.
Convenient Compact Design
Its tiny size makes the MC-330 easy to carry and store. Its precision cutting mechanism slices boards cleanly and straightly without damage. The MANTISTOL MC-330 Laminate Floor Cutter is useful for flooring installers and DIYers.
Finding the Right Flooring Partner
The MANTISTOL MC-330 Laminate Floor Cutter is easily identifiable by its part number. Ordering this vital item is simple. Its 18.7-pound weight and 23.39 x 12.36 x 3.15-inch dimensions make it a sturdy and durable cutting tool.
This cutter is durable due to its ABS, nylon, aluminium, and steel construction. It cuts laminate flooring quickly and precisely with its 13-inch blade length and 6.5 teeth per inch. The cutter’s accessories kit and whetstone make it versatile for a variety of cutting jobs.
Power and Profession Combined
This hand-powered cutter can handle the toughest cutting operations with 450 Newton metres of torque. Its sleek black colour and professional look, along with flooring and siding cutter, accessories kit, and whetstone, make it stand out everywhere. When folded, the knife measures 27.5″ x 16.2″ x 18″ for easy storage and transit.
Your Laminate Floor Cutter of Choice
The MANTISTOL MC-330 Laminate Floor Cutter is a reliable and high-quality instrument for laminate flooring cutting. Its sturdy build, powerful torque, and adaptable accessory package make it ideal for experts and DIYers. The MC-330 replaces arduous cutting with economy. Try it today and see the difference.
Must Read – Best chain saw blade
MANTISTOL MC-330 Laminate Floor Cutter First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Animated Review
- -450 Newton meters of torque for powerful cutting
- -Durable construction with a combination of materials
- -Included accessory kit and whetstone for versatile use
- -Sleek and professional appearance with black color and flooring and siding cutter + accessory kit + whetstone style
- -Folded knife size of 27.5″ x 16.2″ x 18″ for easy storage and transport
|23.39 x 12.36 x 3.15 inches
|Flooring & Siding Cutter + Accessory Kit+Whetstone
|Flooring & Siding Cutter + Accessory Kit+Whetstone
4) MantisTol Vinyl floor cutter
The MantisTol Vinyl Floor Cutter revolutionises cutting efficiency. Its revolutionary leverage system lets you cut flawlessly with minimal effort. This cutter eliminates jagged edges and uneven lines for a professional finish. This gadget saves time and ensures perfect flooring installations for contractors and DIYers.
Overcoming the Hardest Materials
This cutter isn’t intimidated. It’s sturdy build and innovative features make it easy to handle even the toughest flooring materials. MantisTol Vinyl Floor Cutter is your trusted partner for every flooring project, from hardwood planks to luxury vinyl tiles.
The Basics of Identification
The MantisTol Vinyl Floor Cutter is essential for vinyl flooring installation. Its immediately recognisable part number, LVT, simplifies ordering and ensures you obtain the proper tool. This 14-pound cutter, 23.6 x 15.5 x 14.6 inches, strikes the right combination between durability and mobility.
Built to Last
Aluminum construction makes this cutter lightweight and strong. Working with vinyl flooring materials is precise with its 13-inch blade. The sleek black design gives your tools a professional look and indicates its durability.
Easy Setup and Operation
Don’t allow intricate installations slow you. The screw-in installation of the MantisTol Vinyl Floor Cutter makes setup easy. The single handle and right-hand handle/lever make operating easy. Metal handles increase longevity and stability. Since it doesn’t need batteries, this cutter is always ready.
Your Flooring Partner
Overall, the MantisTol Vinyl Floor Cutter is a reliable, high-quality equipment for vinyl flooring cutting. Its durability, lightweight design, and user-friendliness make it useful for experts and DIYers. Say goodbye to fighting with poor tools and hello to easy and precise vinyl flooring installations. With the MantisTol Vinyl Floor Cutter, elevate your tasks now.
Must Read – Best chop saw blade for metal
MantisTol Vinyl floor cutter First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Tim Reviews Everything & The Warehouse Series
- Lightweight design at 14 pounds
- Durable aluminum construction
- Screw-in installation method for easy setup
- Sleek and professional black color
- Single handle design for easy operation
|23.6 x 15.5 x 14.6 inches
|Item Package Quantity
5) COMOWARE Circular Miter Saw Blade
The distinctive COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade has high-grade carbide teeth that stay sharp for long durations. You can cut cleanly and accurately consistently. Stop worrying about dull blades affecting your job. Precision is ensured with this blade.
Long-lasting quality and durability are synonymous with the COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade. Professional woodworkers and DIYers may trust its high-quality build to survive continuous use. Knowing this blade will last gives you peace of mind.
Smooth, quiet operation
The unique design of the COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade makes it quieter and smoother than competing blades. This improves your job experience and cuts more precisely. Woodworking tasks will benefit from reduced noise and better accuracy.
Perfect for All Skill Levels
This blade will help you succeed whether you’re a woodworking pro or a beginner. It gives you the confidence to handle any project precisely and easily. Its superior style and features make it a desirable workshop addition.
Let’s analyse the COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade:
Dimensions: At 11.89 x 11.46 x 0.35 inches and 1.72 pounds, this blade is lightweight and effective.
shape: The silver colour and 10″X80T shape make it look professional and elegant, ensuring your tools function well and look well.
Materials: Plywood and wood make this saw blade durable. Professionals and DIYers trust this blade because of COMOWARE’s tool industry reputation for quality and reliability.
Teeth: This saw blade has 80 teeth for precise cutting in any complexity.
COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade compatibility with engineered wood and wood products is a highlight. This adaptability makes it useful for many cutting projects. This blade is a long-term investment that will continue to perform well with no manufacturer discontinuance.
The COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade changes woodworking. Its durability, precision, and versatility make it a top choice for pros and DIYers. With this amazing tool, your woodworking projects will improve in cut quality. Never settle for less than the finest.
Must Read – Best circular saw blade
COMOWARE Circular Miter Saw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Tim Reviews Everything & The Warehouse Series
- -80 teeth for precision and accuracy in cutting
- -Compatible with engineered wood and wood materials
- -Lightweight and easy to handle at 1.72 pounds
- -Trusted COMOWARE brand for quality and reliability
- -Long-term investment with no manufacturer discontinuation
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer :
|Package Dimensions :
|11.89 x 11.46 x 0.35 inches; 1.72 Pounds
|Number of Teeth
|Engineered Wood, Wood
6) EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade
The EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade’s structure makes it so effective. This cutting-edge instrument has a durable, long-lasting blade made of strong materials. Stop replacing blades and start cutting efficiently.
Easy Blade Exchange
A user-friendly blade swap system makes this instrument stand out. No more time-wasting and unique tool struggles. With the EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade, blade changes are easy. Efficiency and convenience let you cut without pauses.
Easy Installation, Instant Use
Starting the EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade is simple. It may be used right away thanks to the simple installation method. No need to spend hours interpreting complicated instructions. The simplicity is best.
Value-Added Bonus Blade
An additional blade makes the EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade even better. This creative enhancement benefits users. Having a spare blade ensures that your cutting projects never stop.
Flexible and Reliable
The EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade is versatile. It’s easy to find and order with component number 2100005. For a variety of cutting projects, its 12-pound weight and 21 x 10 x 3.5-inch product dimensions make it durable.
Built to Last
It’s sturdy materials and Chinese manufacturing make this cutter last. Its angle gauge allows 45-degree cuts, expanding its versatility. Without batteries or other power, its hand-powered design is always ready to use.
US residents have easy domestic shipping. This cutter’s single-handle design makes it easy to use wherever you cut. All cutting projects are guaranteed to be precise and accurate.
Overall, the EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade is the best cutter for reliability and quality. Professionals and DIYers utilise it for its durability, adaptability, and ease of use. Upgrade your cutting game today and see how this remarkable tool works. The EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade eliminates frustration and boosts efficiency.
Must Read – Best circular saw blade for cutting doors
EAB Tool Exchange-a-Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Wonat Review
- –Angle gauge allows for cuts up to 45 degrees
- -Durable construction for longevity
- -Hand-powered design for always-ready use
- -Single handle design for easy operation
- -Domestic shipping available for easy accessibility
|Country of origin : China
|Angle gauge allows for cuts up to 45 degrees
|Item can be shipped within U.S.
|21 x 10 x 3.5 inches
|Item Package Quantity
7) SKIL 75540 Flooring Blade
SKIL 75540 Flooring Blades cut better than competitors. This powerful blade can handle many flooring tasks for pros and DIYers.
Designed to Last
Flooring blades must be durable, and the SKIL 75540 is. Good materials make it durable, ensuring your investment pays off. Stop replacing blades—the SKIL 75540 is permanent.
The SKIL 75540 Flooring Blade is versatile. Versatile and effective in numerous cutting operations. This blade cuts accurately and handles difficult projects.
Top Flooring Option
SKIL 75540 Flooring Blade is ideal for residential and commercial remodelling. Power, precision, and versatility make it vital for contractors and DIYers. No more aggravation from weak blades—SKIL 75540 performs consistently.
Easy to Find and Handle
Finding the right blade for your job is easy. Due to its part number, ordering the SKIL 75540 is simple. Its 0.2-pound weight and one-size-fits-all design make it a lightweight, easy-to-use cutting tool.
Quality You Can Trust
Skil tools are reliable, and the 75540 Flooring Blade is no exception. This blade’s 40 teeth ensure precise and accurate cutting every time.
Designed for Success
The SKIL 75540 Flooring Blade shines at engineered wood. Compatible makes an excellent tool versatile. The sleek, professional multi-color design makes it a handy and impressive tool.
The SKIL 75540 Flooring Blade cuts engineered wood well. Its durability, precision, and versatility make it excellent for pros and DIYers. Improve cutting jobs with the SKIL 75540 Flooring Blade. Stop underperforming and excel in every cut.
Must Read – Best circular saw blade for plywood
SKIL 75540 Flooring Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: themrhelperguy
- -40 teeth for precision and accuracy in cutting
- -Compatible with engineered wood materials
- -Lightweight and easy to handle at 0.2 pounds
- -Trusted Skil brand for quality and reliability
- -Professional and sleek appearance with multi-color design
|For miter and rip cutting
|Number of Teeth
|Flooring Saw Blade(40T)
Best saw blade for vinyl plank flooring 2023-Complete buying Guide
The first step when tackling any job is gaining an understanding of the tools and materials you will be using. Installing vinyl plank flooring can be a difficult project for even the most experienced do-it-yourselfer. One of the keys to successful installation is having the right saw blade. This guide will help you select the best saw blade for your specific job so that you can get professional results with minimal effort and expense.
You’ll learn what types of blades are available, what features to look for, and how to choose a quality product that will provide years of reliable service. With this guide as your starting point, you’ll be on your way to installing new vinyl plank flooring with confidence and ease.
Photo Source: designfurniture.ae
Overview of vinyl plank flooring
Vinyl plank flooring is an inexpensive and attractive choice for residential use, as it offers similar qualities to hardwood flooring but at a significantly lower cost. This material consists of several layers that make it ideal for high-traffic areas, as well as regions where moisture or humidity is a concern. Vinyl plank flooring is made from recycled plastic that is saturated with pigments and then extruded into planks of different thicknesses. Its top layer has an ultraviolet (UV) resistance layer on it, ensuring enhanced durability and stain-resistance.
Any dirt on the floor can easily be wiped away with a damp cloth.
The “plank” shape of vinyl plank makes it easier to install than tiles, so not only does it look great once installed but it also can save time and energy in terms of installation costs compared to other types of flooring. For professional DIYers this type of flooring can often be snapped together like a jigsaw puzzle without having to use any adhesive, which helps make the installation job much simpler and quicker. Additionally, vinyl plank floors are available in a variety of textures, styles, patterns and colours so there are lots of options available depending on your taste or purpose of the room being floored.
Importance of selecting the right saw blade
Choosing the right saw blade for cutting your vinyl plank flooring is paramount. The wrong blade can cause jagged, uneven cuts and it also increases the risk of kickbacks and other potential safety hazards. In addition, the wrong blade can leave you with unsatisfactory results that don’t look professional, ultimately leading to costly repairs or replacements.
When selecting a saw blade for your vinyl plank flooring project, it is important to consider factors such as thickness and material type (laminate or solid). For example, thinner blades are better for laminate floors because they’re less likely to cause chip-out or splintering. Additionally, you should select a blade with a high number of teeth that will generate precise cuts without causing excess strain on your saw’s motor.
Finally, you should always check the manufacturer’s instructions to make sure your chosen saw blade is designed specifically for use on wood products like vinyl planks and tiles. While many universal blades can be effective on multiple materials, there may be slight differences in design that preclude them from being suitable for use on certain products like plastics or composite materials.
Characteristics of a good saw blade for vinyl plank flooring
When it comes to saw blades for vinyl plank flooring, there are several key characteristics to look out for:
- Multiple fine teeth. The number of teeth range from 8-30 and, the more teeth the finer the cut. The finer the tooth, the easier it is to make precision cuts required for vinyl flooring installation.
- Special anti-vibration technology that ensures smoother cutting action and clean results. The anti-vibration technology also reduces tool maintenance costs and improves overall life of your equipment.
- Ultra-thin kerf design so there is less waste material from each cut; this also helps reduce time in switch out between rough and finish work.
When it comes to saw blades for vinyl plank flooring, one of the key factors to consider is the type of tooth configuration. Tooth configuration helps determine how smoothly and accurately your cuts will be made. Here’s a brief overview of different types of blade teeth:
- Standard Tooth Blades: Standard tooth blades have a standard alternating pattern of flat teeth and oblique teeth. These are good for general purpose cutting, as they provide an adequate balance between speed and performance.
- Triple Chip (TCG): Triple Chip blades feature an alternating tri-blade pattern that provides fast and precise cutting that produces clean edges and fewer broken pieces.
- Spiral Tooth Blades: Spiral tooth blades are designed with a chisel-like angled shape which makes them well-suited for making curved cuts in materials such as wood, plastic, aluminum, and more. They offer more accurate cuts than standard tooth blades but are slower due to their unique design.
- Walkers Blade: The Walker blade is specifically designed to cut through vinyl plank flooring with outstanding accuracy while also providing superior work efficiency due to its unique spiral-toothed design which allows multiple teeth to make contact at the same time with the material being cut.
Material of blade
The material of your saw blade is an essential factor to consider when purchasing. The material that your blade is made from will directly affect its performance when cutting through vinyl plank flooring. There are three primary materials of the blades to choose from:
- Carbide Tipped: This type of blade is made with hard yet sharp carbide tips and a metal body, which helps it last longer than other saw blades. Carbide tipped saws do tend to be costlier but they tend to stay sharper longer and cut more precisely, making them a great choice for both long term projects and precision cuts.
- High Speed Steel (HSS): High speed steel saw blades are less expensive than carbide tipped blades, though they don’t usually last as long and can’t provide as precise cuts. HSS blades have milled teeth coated in black oxide for additional lubricity and protection during the cutting process.
- Diamond Tipped: Diamond tipped saw blades are ideal for extremely tough cuts such as porcelain, marble, granite, quartzite and other highly reinforced materials. The diamond segments on these blades become brittle when very hot but return to their shape once cooled off; however, this type of material tends to be more expensive than other types of saw blades due to its speciality use on certain materials.
- Blade thickness
- Blade thickness: This is an important feature to consider when choosing a saw blade for vinyl plank flooring. The thickness of the saw blade will determine how deep it can cut into the vinyl planks, which can be important for specific applications. For general purpose cutting, a blade that is at least 0.071″ (1.80 mm) thick is recommended.
Sliding miter saw blades tend to range between 0.062″ (1.57 mm) and 0.071″ (1.80 mm) thick, while table saw blades usually run between 0.098” (2.50mm) and 0.125” (3mm). Be sure to double-check with the manufacturer what thickness blade fits your particular model of saw before making a purchase decision to ensure maximum performance and safety when cutting vinyl plank flooring planks with power tools.
The most important factor when selecting the best saw blade for vinyl plank flooring is the diameter of the blade. Generally, the larger the blade diameter, the better it will perform on thicker and wider planks. Common blade diameters range from 5-inch to 12-inch, with 10-inch being the most popular for both saws that use circular blades and oscillating multi-tool saws. Be sure to check what type of saw you will be using when selecting a blade size as some larger blades may not work in smaller tools.
Another important consideration is understanding what material your vinyl plank flooring is made from. It could be aluminum oxide (AO), carbide steel or diamond tipped; each of these materials requires a different blade type and size to cut through them efficiently and accurately without damaging your flooring.
Ultimately, proper selection or combination of your blades can help you reduce time consumed during installation, increase precision, and give you peace of mind that you used the right tool for job.
III. Types of saw blades for vinyl plank flooring
When shopping for a saw blade for vinyl plank flooring, you’ll need to know about the different types of blades available in the market. Here are some of the most common saw blades you can use for this material:
- Crosscut Saw Blade: This type of blade is specifically designed to cut across the grain of a material. It works best with soft and hardwoods, but can also be used on vinyl planks. The teeth on a crosscut saw blade help it create a smoother cut surface than other types of blades.
- Plywood Saw Blade: These blades are designed to cut through plywood and other materials that contain grain layers. They feature sharp teeth that help them slice through multiple layers at once, making them useful when cutting vinyl planks.
- Fine Tooth Saw Blade: A fine tooth saw blade is designed to cut thin or delicate materials quickly and accurately. It has very small teeth that make it perfect for achieving smooth cuts with minimal tear-out on materials such as thin veneers and laminates, including vinyl plank flooring.
- Rip Saw Blade: This type of saw blade is specifically designed to cut along grain direction – making it great for cutting along the length of the planks rather than crosscutting them into shorter pieces. It features deep gullets between its large teeth which help it remove material quickly without leaving behind marks or imperfections in the material surface.
Crosscut saw blades
Crosscut saw blades are designed specifically to handle the toughest materials without bogging down. Made from polycrystalline diamond (PCD) tips, these saw blades boast incredibe strength, so they can cut through both hardwood and engineered vinyl plank flooring with ease. With heavy-duty carbide tooth designs, tungsten carbide tips, and diamond layers for long-lasting durability, crosscut saw blades provide a sharp and clean cut that professionals expect from their tools.
To maximize the benefit of these saw blades for vinyl flooring installation projects, match your blade to the type of material you’re cutting:
- If you’re cutting hardwood or engineered vinyl planks (EVPs), choose a crosscut blade with PCD tips.
- If you’re cutting softer material such as laminate or luxury vinyl planks (LVPs), select a blade that offers tungsten carbide or diamond layers instead.
Rip saw blades
Rip saw blades are best suited for making long straight cuts. Commonly used for cutting along the length of a vinyl plank flooring, this blade is ideal for table and chop saws. A major advantage to using a rip saw blade is that it helps reduce tear out along the edges of planks, a common issue experienced by DIYers when trying to make clean, precise cuts.
To ensure the best performance and longevity of these blades, there should be at least five teeth in contact with the workpiece during the entire cutting operation. Furthermore, when making long cuts on laminate or vinyl planks it’s important to ensure that these blades have plenty of support and don’t bind up or “walk” across the surface. Look for well-constructed rip saw blades made with high quality materials designed specifically to cut vinyl plank flooring – they will go a long way in helping you create clean, professional looking finishes.
Photo Source: thekinglive.com
Combination saw blades
Combination saw blades are a great option to consider when cutting vinyl plank flooring. Generally, they have a wide plate and a shallow angle of attack, which prevents chipping and helps reduce tear out around the cut line. Combination saw blades are offered in both thin-kerf and standard widths, making them suitable for use with many types of saws.
The teeth of a combination blade first gently scrape to remove material, then tapered carbide teeth follow to make a smooth cut at the surface level. These blades usually feature segmented carbide tips that provide sharper cutting edges that stay sharp longer than traditional saw blades. Scalpel quality cuts can be achieved with combination saw blades, ensuring doors and other items fit in tight spaces without gaps or misalignment.
In conclusion, finding the best saw blade for vinyl plank flooring is a key factor in completing a successful installation. Quality vinyl plank flooring blades are durable enough to cut through dense materials and provide superior accuracy of the cuts. Blades with few teeth produce a finer, smoother finish, and blades with many teeth create rougher edges that may be necessary for specific projects.
It’s important to select the most appropriate size and material for your saw blade to ensure a professional result. Proper maintenance of your saw blade will also help it last longer and additionally help create cleaner, straighter lines for a successful project.
Summary of key points
When shopping for a saw blade for vinyl plank flooring, there are several key points to keep in mind:
- The blade should be rated for use with the specific material you will be cutting.
- Blades designed for plunge-cuts will provide the most accurate and even cuts on your vinyl planks with minimal splintering or tearing.
- A solid carbide tip allows for a cleaner cut and is less prone to dulling over time.
- Pay close attention to the tooth configuration on your saw blade as that can imply additional weaknesses or strengths when cutting vinyl plank flooring.
Following these pointers will help you get the best saw blade suited to meet your needs and are sure to help with any DIY project of installing vinyl plank flooring.
Below you will find the best saw blade for vinyl plank flooring in 2023. All the blades have proven themselves in the market and don’t lose their sharpness and performance despite heavy-duty use.
- Makita A-95167: The most popular saw blade among floor installers is the Makita A-95167. The 12” TCT circular saw blade is specifically designed for cutting Vinyl Plank Flooring, Laminate, Fiber Cement Siding, Hardwood and other engineered woods with unparalleled accuracy. With its ultra-fine tooth size, it ensures smooth cut quality and makes installation much easier.
- DEWALT DW3278: The DEWALT DW3278 has become an instant favorite among DIY enthusiasts due to its specialized design for reliable performance when cutting Vinyl Plank Flooring. It has a 7 ¼” diameter which makes it suitable for small projects as well as larger projects. Its fine tooth design ensures smooth cuts with minimal noise in quick time.
- Freud D0724A: Amongst professionals, Freud D0724A is a go-to choice when they need to make a clean cut on Vinyl Plank Flooring without spending too much time or energy. It has a diameter of 10 inch which gives each cut extra power while making it easier to maneuver around corners or tight spaces. In addition, its Fast Retractable Arbor system enables fast replacement of worn out blades quickly and easily without any hassle.
- Bosch DB741C: This 7 ¼ inch circular saw blade from Bosch is made from premium grade carbide that guarantees sharpness even after multiple uses in tough conditions. Its special “Thin-kerf” construction gives added fuel efficiency while providing sharper cut edges than conventional blades found in the market today. Perfectly shaped teeth enhance chip ejection so that no vinyl particles remain inside the kerf after each cut which results in completely clean timber sections every time you use this blade to install your flooring project!
What saw blade is best for cutting vinyl?
A fine-toothed cross-cutting saw blade is best for cutting vinyl.
Can vinyl plank flooring be cut with a saw?
Yes, vinyl plank flooring can be cut with a saw, such as a circular saw or a miter saw.
What is best to cut vinyl plank flooring with?
A circular saw or a miter saw with a fine-toothed cross-cutting blade is best for cutting vinyl plank flooring.
What type of saw blade is good for laminate flooring?
A fine-toothed cross-cutting saw blade is good for cutting laminate flooring.
Does vinyl flooring dull saw blades?
Yes, cutting vinyl flooring can dull saw blades faster than cutting other materials.
Which saw is best for flooring?
A circular saw or a miter saw is a good saw for flooring. The type of blade used should be appropriate for the material being cut.
How do you cut vinyl flooring perfectly?
To cut vinyl flooring perfectly, make sure to measure and mark the cutting line accurately, use a saw with a sharp blade, and make slow, steady cuts.
Which is easier to cut vinyl or laminate flooring?
Both vinyl and laminate flooring can be relatively easy to cut, but the ease of cutting may depend on the specific tools and techniques used.
What are the disadvantages of vinyl plank flooring?
Some disadvantages of vinyl plank flooring include potential for scratches, limited design options, and a plastic-like appearance.
What are the problems with vinyl plank flooring?
Some problems with vinyl plank flooring include potential for movement or shifting, issues with dimensional stability, and difficulty with repairs.
Michael Lilli is the author and CEO of sawbladetown.com and Informative Website. With over 10 years of experience in the saw blade industry, Michael has become a leading expert in the field. He is dedicated to helping professionals and hobbyists alike find the perfect saw blade for their projects. Through his informative website and writing, Michael shares his knowledge and expertise on everything from saw blade anatomy to advanced techniques and safety precautions. His passion for saw blades and commitment to helping others has made him a trusted resource in the industry.