Are you looking for the best saw blade to effortlessly cut through laminate countertops? Then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve rounded up the top rated saw blades of 2023, so you can have confidence in selecting one for your project. With this complete buying guide, you’re sure to find the perfect saw blade for a neat, professional finish.
Best saw blade for cutting laminate countertops 2023
- DEWALT DWA1714 60 Saw Blade (Editor’s Pick)
- Norske Tools NCSBP272 Melamine Saw Blade (Best Overall)
- IVY Classic 36340 Laser Saw Blade (Budget Friendly)
- BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades
- COMOWARE Circular Miter Saw Blade
- SKIL 75540 Carbide Flooring Blade
1) DEWALT DWA1714 60 Saw Blade
The high-density carbide DEWALT DWA1714 60 Saw Blade stands out. This blade’s sturdy construction lets it handle even the toughest cutting tasks. This blade’s coating also prevents gumming and material embedment, ensuring smooth, uninterrupted cuts every time.
You Can Trust Us for Any Job
This saw blade is essential for contractors and DIYers alike. Its power and adaptability allow it to tackle many cutting tasks. DWA1714 60 Saw Blade is a great workshop or job site tool for any project.
The Best Precision Cutting
Precision cuts depend on blade choice. The narrow kerf of the DEWALT DWA1714 60 Saw Blade ensures precise cuts. It’s preferred by professionals and DIYers who value accuracy and elegance.
Excellence in Construction
Construction is a standout feature of the DEWALT DWA1714 60 Saw Blade. A blend of high-quality materials boosts its longevity and guarantees it can easily tackle severe cutting duties. You may depend on it for all your cutting needs.
Lightweight and Compact Design
Size and weight affect usability. 8.5 x 0.5 x 9.75 inches and 0.56 pounds, the DEWALT DWA1714 60 Saw Blade is compact and lightweight. In tight locations or when precision cuts are needed, this function facilitates handling and maneuverability.
The DEWALT DWA1714 60 Saw Blade is the best choice for a high-quality saw blade with a narrow kerf and a compact size. This tool is versatile and reliable for a variety of cutting tasks. Improve cutting precision and efficiency with this saw blade.
Must Read – Best saw blade to cut aluminum
DEWALT DWA1714 60 Saw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Acme Tools
- Thin kerf design with 60 teeth for smooth cuts
- Durable blend of materials for long-lasting use
- Compact size and lightweight for easy handling
- Versatile and reliable for a wide range of cutting applications
- One size fits all for convenient use
|Thin kerf design for smooth cuts
|Item Dimensions LxWxH
|8.5 x 0.5 x 9.75 inches
|Number of Teeth
2) Norske Tools NCSBP272 Melamine Saw Blade
This saw blade cuts smoothly due to its precise and efficient design. The absence of vibration improves cut precision and reduces saw and operator strain. The Norske Tools NCSBP272 Melamine Saw Blade is essential for precise melamine and laminate cuts.
A Cut Above
Top-tier saw blades are essential for wood and melamine board applications. The Norske Tools NCSBP272 Melamine Saw Blade is a market leader due to its quality. Its carbide and diamond construction makes it strong and durable enough for even the toughest cutting tasks.
Form Fits Function
The modern design of the Norske Tools NCSBP272 Melamine Saw Blade stands out. This sleek, blue piece enhances any workshop with its modern design. This design enhances the blade’s performance and looks good.
Norske Tools NCSBP272 Melamine Saw Blade flexibility, especially with wood and melamine boards, is impressive. This blade slices these materials precisely with 60 carefully made teeth, assuring excellent results.
The First Choice
The Norske Tools NCSBP272 Melamine Saw Blade is the best choice for cutting wood or melamine boards. Its durability, modern design, and adaptability make it a reliable and flexible cutting tool for all your needs. Improve your precision cutting game with this Norske Tools saw blade.
Must Read – Best skill saw blade
Norske Tools NCSBP272 Melamine Saw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Sawblade.com
- Made from carbide and diamond materials for durability
- Sleek blue color and modern design for aesthetic appeal
- Compatible with wood and melamine boards for versatility
- 60 teeth for precise cuts
- 8-1/4” x 60 Teeth size for convenience
|Number of Teeth
|10.7 x 9.7 x 0.2 inches
|8-1/4” x 60 Teeth
3) IVY Classic 36340 Laser Saw Blade
IVY Classic 36340 Laser Saw Blade isn’t your typical cutter. It’s superior due to its Carbide structure. This substance increases its longevity and endurance, making it outlast and outperform other blades in its class.
Precision Redefined: Laser-Cut Slots
This blade’s laser-cut slots make it unique. These holes are not only attractive but also reduce operating vibration. Vibration reduction makes cuts cleaner, smoother, and more precise. Jagged edges are gone, welcome immaculate finishing.
Solid Performance: RC 59 Hardness
The IVY Classic 36340 Laser Saw Blade is strong and durable. Its RC 59 Rockwell hardness makes it strong enough for the toughest cutting applications. This blade can handle any cutting task, whether you’re a professional or a weekend warrior.
A Multipurpose Friend
Although it excels at cutting melamine, this blade has other uses. It cuts wood nicely and is versatile. Every cut is clean and exact because to its precision design. This blade offers professional-grade cuts without splintering or imprecision.
Classic Style, Modern Performance
IVY vintage 36340 Laser Saw Blade combines vintage style with current performance. Its simplicity makes it easy to use without sacrificing results. Built to last from superior materials, it will last through many jobs.
Light and agile
Size counts and this blade fits. It’s a featherweight champion at 7.25 x 7.25 x 0.09 inches and 0.66 pounds. This makes it easy to use for large tasks or precise cuts in confined spaces. The lightweight design improves control and reduces fatigue.
Overall, the IVY Classic 36340 Laser Saw Blade is precise and durable. Its superior design and construction ensure faultless results when cutting melamine or wood. This blade is lightweight, versatile, and durable, making it essential for cutting brilliance. IVY Classic 36340 Laser Saw Blade improves crafting with precision and perfection.
Must Read – Best table saw blade
IVY Classic 36340 Laser Saw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: Danny Johnson’s Garage
- Compatible with a range of wood materials
- Classic design for easy and effective use
- High-quality materials for durability and longevity
- Lightweight size for easy handling
- 7-1/4-Inch size for convenient use
|Item Dimensions LxWxH
|7.25 x 7.25 x 0.09 inches
|Number of Teeth
4) BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades
BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades are known for their durability. The exceptional carbide teeth keep these blades sharp for long periods. This reduces blade replacements and improves cutting efficiency. The carbide technology also makes the blades durable for contractors and DIYers.
Materials Bow to These Blades
BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades consistently produce high-quality results on wood, metal, and other difficult materials. Precision and durability ensure flawless results with its design. These blades can also slice laminate, making them a versatile workshop tool.
The 14 TPI Marvel: Chip-Free Cuts
BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades have 14 TPI, a notable feature. This results in smooth, chip-free cuts, making them a reliable choice for experts and DIYers. The carbide strip material makes them more durable, letting them to handle the toughest cutting operations.
Compact Powerhouse: Size Matters
These blades operate well and are small, adding to their appeal. They are lightweight and easy to use at 6.6 x 0.4 x 0.35 inches and 0.01 ounces. This function is invaluable for smaller jobs or tight-space precision cuts.
Conclusion: Your Reliable Cutting Partner
The BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades are a good investment for high-quality cutting across a variety of materials. Their precision engineering, robust carbide strip material, and compact size make them the best tool for all your cutting needs. Improve your cutting game with these blades and see how they affect your projects.
Must Read – Best table saw blade for ripping hardwood
BOSCH T128BHM3 Carbide Saw Blades First Hand Review Video
Video Source: markthomasbuilder
- 14 TPI specifications for extra-clean chip-free cuts
- Carbide strip material for durability
- Compact size for easy handling
- Versatile and reliable for a range of cutting applications
- 3-5/8” 14 TPI Carbide Strip – 3 pcs size for convenience
|14 TPI – ensures extra-clean chip free cuts
|Item Dimensions LxWxH
|6.6 x 0.4 x 0.35 inches
|Number of Teeth
5) COMOWARE Circular Miter Saw Blade
Experience woodworking like never before with the COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade. This blade is renowned for minimising vibration during operation. This vibration reduction produces smooth, precise cuts that elevate your woodworking creations to a professional level.
Sharpness matters in crafting. The COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade cuts through materials with ease. From plywood to wood, this blade makes clean, smooth cuts that make projects stand out.
Ultimate Endurance: Tungsten Carbide Teeth
Tungsten carbide teeth make the blade durable. This blade can be used often and demandingly by professionals and DIYers alike. Reduce the inconvenience of changing worn blades.
Perfectly Spaced Teeth
A blade with regulated tooth spacing is needed for woodworking precision. The COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade makes clean, efficient cuts. Your work will be expertly crafted.
Diamond-Shaped Teeth for Superior Sharpness
Details matter in craftsmanship. This blade’s diamond-shaped teeth sharpen it for clean, accurate cuts. Professional and detailed results are guaranteed with the COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade.
Compact, Agile Design for Maximum Convenience
Woodworking is complicated and confined. For these issues, the COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade was created.
Small, Big Impact
At 10″X80T, this blade is the right size and function. At 1.72 pounds, it’s lightweight and easy to move. Remove the fatigue of hefty blades.
Engineered wood makes the COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade adaptable for many projects. For all your cutting needs, this blade will be your go-to for carpenters and hobbyists.
Conclusion—Up Your Woodworking Game
The COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade represents woodworking tool quality and precision. Its minimised vibration, razor-sharp tungsten carbide teeth, and compact form make it essential for professionals and DIYers. The COMOWARE Circular Mitre Saw Blade improves every cut in woodworking. Never settle for less than the finest.
Must Read – Best thin kerf table saw blade
COMOWARE Circular Miter Saw Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: COMOWARE
- Compatible with engineered wood and wood for versatility
- 80 teeth for clean and accurate cuts
- High-quality materials for durability and longevity
- 10″X80T size for convenience
- Package Dimensions of 11.89 x 11.46 x 0.35 inches for easy storage
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer :
|Package Dimensions :
|11.89 x 11.46 x 0.35 inches; 1.72 Pounds
|Number of Teeth
|Engineered Wood, Wood
6) SKIL 75540 Carbide Flooring Blade
At the heart of the SKIL 75540 Carbide Flooring Blade is quality carbide. This substance keeps the blade sharp and durable, allowing clean, effortless cuts through the toughest flooring materials.
Fast, Smooth Performance
The SKIL 75540 Carbide Flooring Blade has optimised teeth geometry and a large diameter. How does this affect you? Fast, seamless cuts save time on flooring jobs. This blade is essential for efficient cutting of solid hardwood, engineered wood, and laminate.
A Tool for Every Task
The SKIL 75540 Carbide Flooring Blade is versatile. Its mitre and rip cutting design makes it your go-to for numerous cutting tasks. This blade performs everything, eliminating the need to switch.
Lightweight and Handleable
This blade weighs 0.2 pounds and 3.2 ounces, making it easy to handle. Its designed wood compatibility enables accurate and clean cuts, giving you full control over your projects.
For cutting engineered wood flooring, the SKIL 75540 Carbide Flooring Blade is the best choice. It’s the reliable tool you’ve been looking for with its excellent material composition, adaptable design, and lightweight build. The SKIL 75540 Carbide Flooring Blade eliminates frustration and improves precision.
Must Read – Best tile saw blade
KIL 75540 Carbide Flooring Blade First Hand Review Video
Video Source: STEVE ROB REVIEWS
- Designed for use with Skil 3600-02 Flooring Saw for convenience
- Blend of materials for enhanced durability
- Miter and rip cutting design for versatility
- Lightweight size for easy handling
- Compatible with engineered wood for precise and clean cuts
|Home Power Tools Saws Parts Circular Saw Blades
|For use with Skil 3600-02 Flooring Saw
|For miter and rip cutting
|Number of Teeth
|Flooring Saw Blade(40T)
Best saw blade for cutting laminate countertops 2023-Complete buying Guide
If you’re looking to get your laminate countertops cut, you’ll need the right saw blade for the job. The saw blade that is best for cutting laminate countertops will depend on a few factors, including what type of saw you have and the size of your countertop. This guide will help you find the best saw blade for cutting laminate countertops in 2023, regardless of what tools and materials you have available.
When selecting a saw blade, it is important to choose one that can make clean cuts without leaving chip marks behind. You also want a tool that can cut through softer materials, such as melamine and laminates, without dulling quickly. Consider blades that are specifically designed for laminates as these are typically your best bet – they provide an effortless and precise cut while protecting your countertop material from chipping or splitting. Additionally, pay attention to features like number of teeth per inch (TPI) and tooth shape; these two factors can make all the difference in getting an ideal outcome.
Your chosen blade should also be compatible with your equipment: some blades are only made for specific models or styles of tools so be sure to check this before shopping around. To find the perfect match for your job and toolset, look into brands like Freud, DeWalt Makita, Oshlun and more – with their wide variety of blades made specifically for cutting laminates on tablesaws or circularsaws – you’ll be sure to find something that meets all of your needs!
Photo Source: impressiveinteriordesign.com
Definition of laminate countertops
Laminate countertops are composed of thin layers of synthetic material sandwiched between two pieces of material backing. The two sheets are sealed together with adhesives that are exposed to both high temperatures and pressure, then covered with a decorative layer and protected with a clear sealant.
Laminate countertops, also known as Formica or post-form countertops, have been popular in homes for decades because they are relatively easy to install, durable, and require little maintenance. They also tend to be more affordable than other types of materials used for countertops, such as stone or marble.
When choosing a saw blade for cutting laminate countertops, it is important to consider the size of the blade and the speed of its teeth. Generally, larger blades will give you a smoother cut than smaller blades due to their increased width. Moreover, it is important to look for saw blades that have high-speed steel (HSS) teeth designed specifically for cutting laminate materials as they will minimize chipping and ensure clean edges on your cuts.
Importance of choosing the right saw blade for cutting laminate countertops
Choosing the right saw blade for cutting laminate countertops is extremely important. It is important to remember that laminate can easily chip or shatter under certain conditions, so it is necessary to ensure the saw blade you use is suited for cutting this type of material. A dull or incorrect saw blade can cause weaker cuts, more chipping and more trouble in general.
When purchasing a saw blade for cutting laminate countertops, there are a few factors to consider:
- Tooth Width: It’s essential to find a saw blade with the correct tooth width. Generally speaking, the wider the tooth width, the lower the chance of chipping.
- Material: It’s important that your saw blade can handle tough materials like masonry/concrete and even metals like aluminium sheets.
- Type of Saw Blade: Make sure you find a suitable type of saw blade for cutting laminate countertops – whether it be crosscut or rip cut blades, carbide bar blades etc.
- Thickness: If your cuts require accuracy then you need a thin kerf (thin cross section). This will provide precision and prevent overcrowding due to too much material being cut away.
- Number of Teeth: The number teeth on the saw blades should also be taken into account when making a purchase – larger teeth are better suited at making quick cuts while small teeth produce finer cuts which require more time and effort.
Types of saw blades for cutting laminate countertops
When it comes to choosing the best type of saw blade for cutting a laminate countertop, there are several different types of blades from which you can choose. The blades themselves can come in a variety of materials, and they’re designed to handle different tasks. Depending on the type of laminate countertop you have, there is a blade that’s right for you.
The three main types of saw blades for laminate countertops are:
- Standard Laminate Blades: These saw blades are designed with reinforced carbide tips that make them ideal for cutting through harder or denser laminates. They work best on thicker or harder surfaces, such as countertops with a particleboard core.
- High Speed Laminate Blades: High speed saw blades are suitable for finer cuts due to their fine-toothed design, making them an ideal choice when it comes to more intricate projects. They’re the perfect choice when working with softer materials like MDF and plywood panels.
- Combo Laminate Blades: Combination saw blades feature alternating teeth which allow for smooth cutting and reduced debris build up during use. This makes them well suited for both thicker and thinner laminates, as well as multiple kinds of laminates.
Cross-cut blades are designed to make cuts across materials, as opposed to ripping them or making angled cuts. This type of blade is arguably one of the most versatile saw blades available today because it can be used for a variety of applications, including cross-cutting and beveling laminate countertops.
The most common type of cross-cut blades are carbide-tipped, which can last longer than traditional steel blades and require less periodic sharpening. Additionally, cross-cut blades featuring an additional segment at the blade circumference will create a smoother cut with fewer chipping issues.
When selecting a saw blade to cut laminate countertops, look for one featuring positive rake angles that help ensure your cuts are precise and clean with minimal effort.
- Fine-Tooth Blade
- Fine-Tooth Blade: A fine-tooth blade is best used when making cuts that require precision, as a fine-tooth blade will provide clean edges. This type of saw blade can also be used to make straight, curved, and radial cuts into laminate countertops. For best results, use a new fine-tooth blade made with a high-quality tungsten carbide tip so it won’t lose sharpness while cutting.
Before cutting into your laminate countertop, be sure to check the manufacturer recommendations for best tools and practices since some materials may require special saw blades specifically designed for their properties.
Top saw blade brands for cutting laminate countertops 2023
When shopping for the best saw blades for cutting laminate countertops there are a few things to consider. You should look at the blade’s tooth count, size, and material. Additionally, you should also consider which brand of blade you buy. Here is a breakdown of some of the top saw blade brands for cutting laminate countertops in 2023:
- DeWalt: DeWalt is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to power tools and accessories. Their blades offer excellent performance and durability at an affordable price. They offer blades specifically designed for cutting laminate countertops in both 10” and 12” sizes with tooth counts ranging from 80-120 teeth.
- IRWIN Tools– Irwin Tools produces a variety of saw blades, including ones specifically designed for cutting laminate countertops. They offer both 8” and 10” blades with 60-100 teeth which are ideal for making clean cuts with minimal chipping or splintering of the material.
- Freud– Freud produces high quality specialty saw blades that are designed to make clean, smooth cuts with reduced tearout on delicate surfaces like laminate countertops. They have several models available in both 6” and 8” sizes which feature between 100-200 teeth per inch that give you an exceptionally smooth cut when cutting through laminates.
- Amana Tool– Amana Tool has been producing superior router bits and saw blades since 1972 that are Designed to last longer while delivering superior results every time they are used. For cutting laminates particularly they have several options available such as solid carbide-tipped saws as well as their Speed Slot design that helps remove materials quickly while minimizing heat build up on delicate surfaces like laminates without sacrificing accuracy or finish quality.
- DEWALT saw blades are durable and reliable and offer great performance when it comes to cutting laminate countertops. DEWALT blades are designed to be used with any saw, plus they can be adjusted for different cut depths and angles. They also come with a thickness of up to 0.092-inch for thick materials, such as laminate countertops.
Furthermore, DEWALT blades feature triple sharpen technology which ensures a smooth and accurate cut every time, so you can make perfect cuts quickly and easily, no matter how tough or intricate the job. Additionally, their patented heat expansion slots reduce noise in the cutting process while preventing binding and overheating. This makes them ideal for thin material that requires precision cutting such as laminate countertops.
The B. Freud saw blade is one of the leading saw blades for cutting laminate countertops. This 10-inch saw blade is unique in design and construction, allowing for it to be used on a variety of materials with minimal effort.
The blade features micrograin carbide teeth that have been laser-cut for precision and fine finishes when cutting through materials like hardwood, laminates, and plastics. The teeth are also arranged in an alternate top bevel pattern which allows for minimal tear out when cutting. Additionally, the 5/8” arbor and 5/32” kerf make this saw blade ideal for use with many types of miter saws.
Thanks to its titanium coating, the B. Freud saw blade is a great choice for those who want to cut laminate countertops quickly and safely while achieving smooth results every time.
Photo Source: forbiddenbroadway.com
In summary, the best saw blade for cutting laminate countertops will depend on your project’s needs. If you’re looking for a blade that offers longevity, precision and ease of use, a multi-purpose combination blade is the best choice. They offer a wide range of potential materials, from plywood to hardwood. Alternatively, if you want something specifically designed for laminates, then ATB blades are your best bet as they are designed to provide smooth cuts in this specific type of material.
For more detailed projects with tight corners or curves such as flush trimming and beveling, then a double side grinded reverse chip carving blade is recommended as it offers greater control over more precise cuts.
Ultimately, with many different types of saw blades available on the market in different sizes and materials, you should pick the one that is most suitable to your particular project’s requirements. By understanding the various differences between each type of saw blade and what they offer in terms of properties such as durability, precision and ease of use; you’ll be able to ensure that your project goes off without any issues due to an inadequate blade selection.
How do you cut a laminate countertop without splintering?
To cut a laminate countertop without splintering, use a fine-toothed, carbide-tipped saw blade and a straight edge to guide the saw. Apply gentle pressure and make multiple passes to avoid chipping.
How can I cut my countertop without chipping?
To cut a laminate countertop without chipping, use a sharp, carbide-toothed saw blade and a straight edge to guide the saw. Apply gentle pressure and make multiple passes to prevent chipping.
How do you cut laminate worktops without chipping?
Same as answer 2.
What is the best tool to cut laminate?
The best tool to cut laminate is a circular saw with a fine-toothed, carbide-tipped blade. A jigsaw or table saw can also be used with a fine-toothed, carbide-tipped blade.
What blades for cutting solid laminate?
For cutting solid laminate, a fine-toothed, carbide-tipped blade is recommended.
What circular saw blade is best for laminate worktop?
A fine-toothed, carbide-tipped blade is the best for cutting laminate worktops.
What kind of blade do you use to cut a Formica countertop?
A fine-toothed, carbide-tipped blade is recommended for cutting a Formica countertop.
Can you cut laminate with wood blade?
A wood blade can be used to cut laminate, but it will likely result in chipping and splintering. A fine-toothed, carbide-tipped blade is recommended for a smoother cut.
Is a jigsaw good for cutting laminate?
A jigsaw can be used to cut laminate, but it is important to use a fine-toothed, carbide-tipped blade and a straight edge to guide the saw.
How do you cut laminate worktops?
To cut laminate worktops, use a fine-toothed, carbide-tipped blade and a straight edge to guide the saw. A circular saw, jigsaw, or table saw can be used. Apply gentle pressure and make multiple passes to avoid chipping.
Michael Lilli is the author and CEO of sawbladetown.com and Informative Website. With over 10 years of experience in the saw blade industry, Michael has become a leading expert in the field. He is dedicated to helping professionals and hobbyists alike find the perfect saw blade for their projects. Through his informative website and writing, Michael shares his knowledge and expertise on everything from saw blade anatomy to advanced techniques and safety precautions. His passion for saw blades and commitment to helping others has made him a trusted resource in the industry.